Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Denim Care

Hi Folks

I wash my denim on a regular basis and whilst I see next to nothing as far as fades go, I lose very little indigo using the following method..

Carefully fold and soak inside out and briefly in tepid water using a touch of delicates detergent (wool/silk detergent). Rinse under a cold tap. Unravel and then carefully roll up to squeeze out extra water. Unravel again and spin out excess water in machine. Hang to dry out of direct sunlight. Iron inside out.

Quote from greville jones on June 26, 2021, 4:06 pm

Hi Folks

I wash my denim on a regular basis and whilst I see next to nothing as far as fades go, I lose very little indigo using the following method..

Carefully fold and soak inside out and briefly in tepid water using a touch of delicates detergent (wool/silk detergent). Rinse under a cold tap. Unravel and then carefully roll up to squeeze out extra water. Unravel again and spin out excess water in machine. Hang to dry out of direct sunlight. Iron inside out.

Hi,

Do you mean that you wish to see more fades or simply giving some advice how to actually keep the indigo in the denim?

Cheers

carlos_kong has reacted to this post.
carlos_kong

If I ever wash my jeans I just hose them off outside. Shirts, I washing machine them like normal but never put in the drier unless they are getting too loose.

I wash a couple times a year (once every three-ish months of wear, or when they start to smell), and always by hand with lukewarm or warm water and some Woolite Dark detergent. My jeans NEVER touch a dryer - I always hang dry overnight, and if they're still a little wet in the morning I just wear them anyways.

I don't get the absolute highest contrast fades (definitely more vintage leaning), but the look suits me very well, and washing on this semi-regular schedule keeps the missus happy! Very few complaints from her regarding smell, and only a few comments on how gross it is that I wear the same pair(s) of jeans constantly without washing. 😛

carlos_kong has reacted to this post.
carlos_kong