Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Old workwear w/ small alterations

Hi guys,

I’m really enjoying the double fronts on my jeans, but I’d like to make some suggestions in order to make your products even more suitable for actual work:

- the double fronts on the thighs can have knife/tool pockets, see pictures below. Just add stitching and rivets! (Everybody loves extra pockets!)

- the bottom of the knees should be open, for those of us who want to insert foam knee pads.

-the extra pocket on the right leg is very useful, but should be a little bit wider (smartphone wide) placed a little higher and should start on the seam, so it gets less in the way when you crouch down.

-please offer triple stitched EVERYTHING (double fronts, pockets...)

- consider offering a separate hammer loop with left/right option, as well as the extra side pocket (left/right/BOTH!😁)

- don’t know how to describe this, but best I can do is ‘extra crotch room’ for those of us who climb ladders and need the ‘extra leg swing‘

What do you think?

cheers,

Frederick

Uploaded files:
  • 5278CA15-8F62-4101-AEF2-8859627DCFB6.jpeg
  • 7A8DA3DA-3253-40B3-A6B0-A5B0E6E7ABB5.jpeg
  • 166B782A-2794-445C-B906-61CFD9A9DE06.jpeg
  • CEE9E901-2641-40E0-8FBB-1B78FF7FFB1D.jpeg
Quote from FrederickVDW on November 2, 2020, 7:31 pm

Hi guys,

I’m really enjoying the double fronts on my jeans, but I’d like to make some suggestions in order to make your products even more suitable for actual work:

- the double fronts on the thighs can have knife/tool pockets, see pictures below. Just add stitching and rivets! (Everybody loves extra pockets!)

- the bottom of the knees should be open, for those of us who want to insert foam knee pads.

-the extra pocket on the right leg is very useful, but should be a little bit wider (smartphone wide) placed a little higher and should start on the seam, so it gets less in the way when you crouch down.

-please offer triple stitched EVERYTHING (double fronts, pockets...)

- consider offering a separate hammer loop with left/right option, as well as the extra side pocket (left/right/BOTH!😁)

- don’t know how to describe this, but best I can do is ‘extra crotch room’ for those of us who climb ladders and need the ‘extra leg swing‘

What do you think?

cheers,

Frederick

Thanks Frederick, these ideas are great and I will see if we can implement those smaller pockets on the existing workwear add on. Can at the same time make the back side pocket slightly larger and move it to the outseam. A hammer loop is already in the works.

Opening at the bottom for pads is no problem at all. Not sure if we should have it as standard or if a customer will need to request it.

Cheers

Indeed, I would not change the current layout but just offer those things separately. I get messages on IG from guys who wear Carhartt double duck pants, saying they like the double fronts but would miss the pocket layout they have with Carhartt.
If you would offer similar pocket styles maybe that would convince them?

Quote from FrederickVDW on November 3, 2020, 6:02 am

Indeed, I would not change the current layout but just offer those things separately. I get messages on IG from guys who wear Carhartt double duck pants, saying they like the double fronts but would miss the pocket layout they have with Carhartt.
If you would offer similar pocket styles maybe that would convince them?

Absolutely, we will implement the features you wrote about above. I think they make sense.