Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Pea coat

I've been obsessed with the idea of a denim pea coat ever since Mister Freedom came out with their "midnight twill caban P-jacket." If you're not familiar, what they call their midnight twill is a 16oz denim with an indigo warp and a black weft (pictures attached). You guys have a bunch of fabrics that would make an amazing fitted pea coat, especially with your level of, and attention to detail. I would try making a double-breasted over-shirt with an over-sized lapel collar and side pockets. Then maybe adding more specific detail from there like different cuff options, arcuates, pockets, etc.

Uploaded files:
  • MFP-2.jpg
  • MFP-1.jpg
  • MFP-3.jpg
  • MFP-5.jpg
Quote from hanlon84 on November 4, 2020, 1:50 pm

I've been obsessed with the idea of a denim pea coat ever since Mister Freedom came out with their "midnight twill caban P-jacket." If you're not familiar, what they call their midnight twill is a 16oz denim with an indigo warp and a black weft (pictures attached). You guys have a bunch of fabrics that would make an amazing fitted pea coat, especially with your level of, and attention to detail. I would try making a double-breasted over-shirt with an over-sized lapel collar and side pockets. Then maybe adding more specific detail from there like different cuff options, arcuates, pockets, etc.

Looks amazing. Will bring it up with the team. Thanks Hanlon