Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

the art of buttoning your fly....

hello there,

I love heavy weight stiff denims and prefer button flies but that combination is really an annoyance before the first wash. I actually have to carry pliers with me in the first days! Any suggestion for more immediate flexibility in the fly area? (don't tell me it's cool to take your pliers with you at a public toilet, I've been there before!)

Raw Denim Well Done has reacted to this post.
Raw Denim Well Done
Quote from jj viau on September 24, 2020, 8:55 am

hello there,

I love heavy weight stiff denims and prefer button flies but that combination is really an annoyance before the first wash. I actually have to carry pliers with me in the first days! Any suggestion for more immediate flexibility in the fly area? (don't tell me it's cool to take your pliers with you at a public toilet, I've been there before!)

Hehe, I do understand the frustration when it comes to button fly and heavy denims. To be honest, it takes time to loosen up the denim itself and also for the threads inside the button holes to fray and fall off. I sometimes takes a scissor and remove some of the threads inside the button holes to make them slightly larger for the buttons to go in more smoothly. But its a fine line because you dont want to make them too big so the buttons slides out again. Do it one thread at the time.

Cheers

Raw Denim Well Done and jj viau have reacted to this post.
Raw Denim Well Donejj viau

don't worry I'm not frustrated, more interested! Some very light work with a blunt knife helped, thanks for the insight!

Raw Denim Well Done has reacted to this post.
Raw Denim Well Done

Damn,  I never thought about that part. Would you have gone with the zipper then?